Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Visit from Aunt Lana

Today Aunt Lana came to my home with a box full of family photos. Some are over a hundred years old! She and her mother were kind enough to leave them in my care to scan them. There are so many photos to scan, I will do an inventory of them first. I need to scan them quickly and return them. I want to return them to their owners as soon as possible. They are are priceless family photos. There are many pictures of individuals I don't even have a photo of yet! There are many photos of my grandfather Gerald and his parents at just about every stage of life from toddler to old age. There are many, many photos of the Herrings, from whom I descend. As well as many photos of various Uncles, Aunts and cousins. I would guess that Aunt Della gave her photos to Gerald, and some are from Gerald's dad, William Henry.

Once I have scanned the photos I will create some CDs of them to share with the rest of the family. I'm sure there are many photos that many of them have never seen. It will be quite a treat!

No comments: