Monday, October 17, 2005

Della Herring's obituary

I have received a response to my Ancestry.com message board request for an obituary lookup for Della Herring. It is as follows:

Springfield Daily News, Wed., Jan. 5, 1972


MISS DELLA HERRING
Miss Della Herring, 78, of the Sunshine Acres Rest Home, died at 6:15 a.m. Sunday there after a long illness. She is survived by a niece and a nephew. Funeral arrangements will be announced by Klingner.
If this is the Della I'm looking for, and I think it is, then the nephew is my grandfather Gerald Carothers.

The SSI birth date of September 10, 1893 and the above death date of January 2, 1972, yields an age of 78 years, 3 months and 23 days at her death. Gerald died in the following year.

Klingner has been renamed to:

Klingner-Cope Family Funeral
1635 N Benton AveSpringfield, MO 65803
(417) 862-0511

I also received an email that Della's probate records will be mailed to me free of charge. I'll post the info as soon as it arrives.

No comments: