Friday, November 25, 2005

Bessie Herring - Social Security Record

There is a Social Security Record for Bessie Herring and it contains the following:

Name: Bessie Herring
SSN: 527-34-4160
Last Residence: 80303 Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, United States of America
Born: 7 Nov 1886
Last Benefit: 80262 Denver, Denver, Colorado, United States of America
Died: Dec 1976
State (Year) SSN issued: Arizona (Before 1951 )

This Bessie is a good candidate for Melvin Herring's wife. The SSN was issued in Arizona before 1951, and we have a birth certificate for her daughter Doris in Phoenix, Az in 1928. And her birth year is right, I'm not sure if I have her exact birth date anywhere else, I'll have to check on that. Her last benefit was in Denver, CO and last residence was in Boulder, CO, which is where Gordon, her son and Bob her grandson are associated with automobile racing in the Denver, CO area.

Bessie lived to be 90 years old! I noticed she was listed as being born in Fort Scott, Kansas on Doris' birth certificate. Dinklage, Bessie's maiden name, seems familiar to me. I've looked over a lot of Fort Scott records, so it could just be from that. Perhaps I've seen the name associated with Melvin in Fort Scott. Another thing to check into.

I've been to Boulder a couple of times and didn't even know any of this history. I can now start tracking down this new information on Bessie. Her obituary, death certificate, SSN request form. She may be buried in the Boulder area. Perhaps I will be able to locate some information about Melvin's death and burial. Also, I wonder if Bob is still alive and in the area.

No comments: