Monday, May 22, 2006

3 Death Certificates from Missouri State Archives

Today, I received in the mail the 3 death certificates I ordered from the Missouri State Archives. It was a bargain at $1 a piece. As mentioned in my previous post, "Missouri Death Certificates Online!!", Missouri has put the full index for death certificates online, and is putting scans of the death certificates online as they are scanned. These 3 death certificates were not currently online, so I ordered them.

Cecil Carothers
Andrew Maris Carothers
Polly A. Carothers

I will have to get them scanned, and upload them. I'll add links to this post once I do so.

A note on Cecil. He died on June 14, 1928 due to injuries received from an auto accident. He was 17 years old.

Cecil Carothers - Death Certificate

One interesting note is that Cecil's father's name is listed as Alonzo instead of Orlando. Alonzo is also used for the name of the informant. Orlando is listed and Lon in some sources I have seen, but Alonzo is a new one for me. Cecil's mother's name is exactly correct, and his father's birthplace of Westfield, Clark County, Illinois is correct. Cecil's age is right, and his birth in Henry County, Missouri is right.

I have some more research to do on Cecil. There must be newspaper articles for the accident and obituary and funeral.

Andrew Maris Carothers - Death Certificate

Polly A. Carothers - Death Certificate

No comments: