"Robert Carothers, Sr., a Revolutionary War soldier, and his family came to Tennessee from North Carolina in 1791 and were living in Williamson County in 1799. His son James, a War of 1812 veteran, became a prosperous landowner well-known for his nearby Pleasant Exchange Plantation. Robert Carothers, Jr. and his family owned land adjacent to this marker. James' son, Thomas Jefferson Carothers, was a Confederate soldier. James sold his two-story log house to another son, Robert Blake Carothers, who enlarged it. Owned by the Carothers family almost fifty years, this historic Cool Springs House was moved in 1993 from Franklin to Crockett Park in Brentwood."
Location. 35° 56.891′ N, 86° 48.446′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Tennessee, in Williamson County. Marker is at the intersection of Carothers Parkway and Corporate Centre Drive, on the right when traveling north on Carothers Parkway.