Sunday, April 24, 2005

Current Research on the Carothers line

I'm currently researching the descendants of Clark Carothers, and his wife, Rachel Lowrey. Clark and Rachel are my 2nd great-grandparents. They were both born in 1839 in Illinois. They spent a good part of their lives in Henry County, Missouri, and are buried there.

A year or so ago, I decided to begin researching all the descendants of Clark and Rachel, both deceased and living. I am interested in meeting with living descendants to trade notes, family stories, pictures and other information.

So far, I've had great success. I've met with a branch of the family that ended up in Salt Lake City, Utah. It was fun to meet them and trade information. I have recently discovered another branch that ended up in Modesto, California, but I have yet to locate and contact any of the living descendants from that branch. I'm currently focusing my time and research on this branch of the family. More about that later.

Me? My branch of the family ended up in Southern California. And I'm doing my part to expand the family.

I have a web page for all Carothers genealogy researchers at http://www.carothersonline.com. Researchers can post a message and an email link.

A summary of my research is located at http://www.carothersonline.com/dcarothers.html.

If you are a descendant of Clark and Rachel, or are related further back, please contact me! I would very much like to trade notes with you.

No comments: