Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Next Generation

I just had a letter returned as undeliverable that I had sent to Shirley Farrell. I'll have to try some other methods to track her down. Shirley is a distant cousin of mine, we are both descendants of Clark and Rachel Carothers.

"The Next Generation", TNG, refers to the "The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding". I was fortunate to come across this product, it is quite easy to use and a very good value for the price. This product is essentially an online genealogy program. You simply load all the product files onto your webserver then upload your genealogy data in the form of a GEDCOM file. Your genealogy can now be viewed by anyone on the web! Don't worry, you can control user access and who sees what on the site. There are many examples of TNG user sites that can be accessed from the TNG website.

I have purchased the program, installed it and uploaded my genealogy. I have not customized it yet and made it pretty, so cut me some slack. Click here to see my TNG site. I will make my Carothers research available at this new website from now on. This will include all my photos and document images. It's going to be great!

No comments: