Saturday, August 20, 2005

Blanding, Utah

My family and I attended the Black Family Reunion in Blanding, Utah this summer. My paternal grandmother is Dixie Chloe Black, and the reunion is for the descendants of Dixie's father, Edwin Zemira Black. We all had a great time, especially the kids who enjoyed meeting and playing with cousins.

I lived in Blanding for several months during 1969 as a young child. And for many relatives in Blanding, that was likely the first and last time they saw me until this reunion.

We did spend several hours in the Blanding City Cemetery looking for the graves of relatives, only to find on the way out that there was a very nice map and directory at the entrance that we had overlooked on arrival!

Below is the grave marker of Edwin Zemira Black and Chloe Allan. Ardell Palmer is listed on the marker, but as you notice there is no death date for her because she is still alive. We met her at the family reunion. Ardell is a very sweet woman. You can click on the image to see a larger version of the image.



Below is the grave marker for my paternal grandmother and her husband Duke Sober. You can click on the image to see a larger version of the image.



I have many more pictures, but alas, not enough time at present. More later!

No comments: