Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Reporting from Prescott, AZ

Today I was able to visit the Mountain View Cemetery in Prescott, AZ to visit the graves of:

William Henry Carothers
Bertha Lucretia Carothers (Redwine)
Ella B. Tewksbury
Walter Scott Tewksbury
Edwin Richie Black

The first two were unmarked graves, and the last three were marked. I'll post pictures later.

The cemetery manager was very helpful. He looked up the records and, maps in hand, showed me to each grave. I really appreciated his help!

I'm going to get markers for William and Crete. I'll see if some of the other descendants want to contribute.

I was also able to spend 3 hours at the Sharlott Hall Museum archives examing records related to:

William Henry Carothers
Bertha Lucreatia Carothers (Redwine)
Gerald Carothers
Dixie Black

I was able to locate information in city and telephone directories. I ordered a print of a picture they have of Gerald in his navy uniform and another picture of his son Wade. I should get them within a month. I also got copies of the marriage license and certificate for the following:

Gerald Carothers and Dixie Black
John H. Carlisle and Bertha Lucretia Redwine

While I was able to learn alot, I am also left with more questions to try and answer.

Tomorrow my family and I are off to Blanding, Utah, for the Black family reunion. Black as in Dixie Black.

No comments: