Monday, August 22, 2005

Anna Dean Deck - Lucretia's Niece

Sometimes you get lucky. I was reviewing my entry with the California Social Security Death Index information for Anna Dean Deck, Lucretia Redwine's niece by her sister Ella, when I noticed her last residence was Baldwin Park, Los Angeles, CA. On a whim I checked the Rose Hills Memorial Park to see if she was buried there. They have a "Grave Location Search" feature on their website. Sure enough, Anna is buried there! The information from the search yields:

Anna Dean Deck
Date of Death: 02/15/1995
Burial Property Name: Floral Lawn
Burial Section: 1
Burial Lot: 912
Grave/Niche: 2
Entrance Gate: 1

My grandfather Gerald Carothers is also buried in this cemetery. That is what made me think of it in the first place. As Lucretia was Gerald's step mother, and Anna's Aunt, that would make Gerald and Anna cousins, eh?

No comments: